Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Will I ever get better at this?




The truth is probably not. But I thought I would just post for fun.

Things are busy at our house. We finally sold our Maple Leaf house in January and are still trying to dig out of the financial and emotional hole that was created by that whole saga. It's a big relief to have it gone but it was so anti-climatic that sometimes I forget we don't still own it.

We are preparing for the arrival of little girl Buckley June 6th. I have to admit I am getting nervous about having two kids and how my daily life will look but I am also really excited. I know that Jack will love having a companion and that we will love getting to have two kids. But the planning of it all can be overwhelming! We have applied to send Jack to a new school next year and will find out this week if he got in. It's five days a week which feels like a lot but I think he will be ready and it will make the days a bit more manageable for me. But the thought of him being gone that much breaks my heart. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

He's still just the sweetest kid even in the middle of his "terrible twos". He brightens up our days so much with his creative stories and funny jokes. We couldn't love that little boy more than we do. His getting in to role playing and make believe and loves to wear costumes. He loves music and dancing and instruments and speaking french and cars, trucks, construction vehicles, airplanes, and CARS. Did I mention cars?

Thanks for reading this, if any of you did.

2 comments:

Simon Huntley said...

I read it and i'm so glad to see a new post! tell jack 'hey cheesy, what's the peasy' for me, k?

Shannon said...

er. that was me, commenting. Not my boss. (i guess i was on his gmail account at work today!)