Thursday, September 4, 2008

The newborn haze









Hello friends and family!  I thought I'd create a blog to keep everyone up to date on Jack and all of his adventures.  

Today Jack is five weeks old, which is pretty hard to believe.  I know that time is going to fly by so Brian and I are just trying to enjoy the moments of each stage, even the challenging moments.

For those of you we haven't talked to, things went great with the birth and Jack is amazing.  We couldn't be happier to have him and are so totally over the moon in love!

We are anxiously awaiting the first time Jack really smiles at us.  He smiles in his sleep and has started smiling when he's awake but I think they are still accidental smiles.  They are really cute though and we can't wait for the ones directed at us.

Brian took a month of paternity leave which was great.  He is an amazing Dad, so excited, calm and loving with Jack.  This probably comes as no surprise to anyone who has ever seen him with kids but it's so fun for me to watch my two guys, loving each other.  I know they're going to be best friends and it makes me so happy.

I will try to update this every week with new milestones and pictures.


2 comments:

Lee Roberts said...

He looks a little grouchy...

Leslie said...

I know! I put that picture in and then realized that it was a grouchy one. You'll have to show me how to delete photos. I can't figure it out!