Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Christmas Time!







We are gearing up for Jack's first Christmas! We got a tree for the first time in a couple of years which has been so fun. I love the way it smells when you have a Christmas tree in the house. All the great memories that are attached to that smell! My mom and I ambitiously decided to knit stockings for my whole family this year (nine total). I made our little family's purple and blue. Jack is the one with the light blue.

Last night we had our first snow fall of the year. We didn't know if we'd really get snow because we're so close to the water but we got four or five inches. It's beautiful and makes it feel even more like Christmas.

This time of year still makes me giddy, like when I was little but now Brian and I are experiencing everything with the newness and hope that a baby brings. We can't wait for Jack to love Christmas as much as we do.

On Friday night we took Jack for a Santa photo. I couldn't take any pictures with my camera but I think it will be great. He was perfect! A superstar in the line and then when his turn came up he sat happily on Santa's lap and gave the camera guy two great smiles. Hopefully he caught one of them!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

did you make the hat that jack is wearing?? cause i want one. :)

can't wait to see you! hopefully the snow won't be an issue come thursday.

hugs!

Leslie said...

I did make it! It has a long pointy top and a ball on the end.

I can't wait to see you! I'm hoping the weather won't be an issue either!

joanna said...

Look at that big boy sitting up in his Bumbo! Your tree looks so pretty...aaahh, and the snow. Love it.
So looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday! I WILL make it to the city dammit, no matter how much snow we get, even if I have to take the bus.

caty said...

Wow! You guys got lots of snow! Awwwww, those pics make me ready to kiss that little dude again! Looking forward to seeing you all!