Well Jack had his first Thanksgiving. We went to Seabrook which was really nice. Jack did a great job sleeping in his home away from home and we had great family time. We went for a walk on the beach one day and the tide came all the way to wall of trees that we usually walk near. I mean like, over a mile. It was pretty crazy and since I was walking with Jack in the Bjorn I kind of freaked out. People kept talking about getting to higher ground but higher ground was up a shear cliff. Luckily we made it the stairs where we could watch, and the mama bear in me could calm down.
My whole family was at the beach and Brian's youngest brother and his wife and son and Brian's parents all popped over for parts of the weekend. It was great to see everyone and to have our dream of having a place we could all get away together continue to be realized.
Back at home things have been a little rough as we all got colds. Poor little Jack is having the hardest time of all us. Unlike adults, babies fight sleep even more than usual when they're sick and he keeps waking up upset about feeling so bad. Now I understand why people are so worried about their babies being around sick people. The sleep deprivation hurts quite a bit more with a cold myself.
But Jack continues to just be the most fun. Every day I love him even more, even though that doesn't seem possible! He had his four month check up and is 25 1/2 inches long and 14 lbs. He's getting really long, I laugh looking at him lying on my lap to nurse, it's going to get pretty interesting as he continues to grow.
6 comments:
I hate to say it, but I think Eleanor was easier when she was a baby when she has a cold. "Mama! My nose is RUNNING!" Then crying... thus more nose running... Every time I hear myself say something like "just blow into your blanket" I have to laugh at motherhood. I mean, three years ago I would have thought that was gross. Now I think: remember to wash blankets tomorrow.
yes, I have no delusions that a sick toddler is easier than a sick baby. I just had delusions of how hard a sick baby would be. Last night he had two crying jags where he cried so hard we were worried he wasn't taking a breath. No fun at all.
On the issue of gross, I think that motherhood (and fatherhood) just takes your level of what's gross up several notches. Otherwise we'd all be freaking out about stuff every single day. There's no time for that!
cutest. family. ever. seriously, you guys should be on the cover of a magazine or something. i'm so sorry to hear that illness is plaguing your household. if we need to re-evaluate our "slumber party" plans for the weekend i totally understand. i, on the other hand, sound like i have a terrible cold but still feel really good. if a constant runny nose is my worst pregnancy complaint, i'll take it! i think my acupuncturist worked some magic yesterday though...maybe i should send her to the buckley household. =) see you on saturday!!
hi les...how are you doing? how are all the patients in the household? thinking of you..
I remember holding Norah in the bathroom with the hot shower running trying to clear her little head. Not fun. At least the Buckley master suite has a pretty big shower with a nice view if you must do the same. :)
Yuck. Charlie finally got said cold. Snot and a cough, maybe low grade fever. I'm sorry you all got sick. We had a great time up there and are so glad you asked us!!
Post a Comment