Friday, September 19, 2008

A lot of "firsts"





As I think I mentioned before, it's not hard for Jack to have a lot firsts. But this week there were some big ones! He started sleeping in his crib last week which has been going really well. I was feeling a little desperate a few days ago (sleep deprived, stressed out) and happened upon a book some friends gave us called Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. It is awesome, if you are one my pregnant friends reading this don't bother buying it because I will be giving it to you. It's well written, practical and easy to put into action. It also talks about the peak of fussiness which hits at exactly six weeks. I found the book the day he turned six weeks. Just as we were feeling like maybe he was changing, why so fussy all the time? Well this book helped me to realize he's totally normal and how we can best deal with it. He also took a bottle of for the first time this week. I knew he would be good, he's a great feeder and likes to suck on pacifiers for comfort, but it was perfect. He drank both bottles he's had down with record speed. Now I just need to figure out how to pump enough to keep up! The other major thing in his life this week was that we got a new swing. He was lukewarm, at best, with his old one so we decided to upgrade. It's been a total life saver. He's happily sleeping in it right now. And finally, the smiling! He is still smiling a little vaguely (not really at us all the time but definitely sometimes). There's a little delay on our camera making it hard to catch it, but we will. It is so cute, I think there will be some broken hearts in about 18 years.

Everything else is great. Jack and I also had our first PEPS (Program for Early Parenting Support) group this week and it seems like it's going to be great!

Gigi and Doppi (Brian's parents) are coming this weekend, so I'm sure we'll have adventures to post about after that.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

i love the post and the new pictures...thank you for writing about these little daily challenges (and successes!)...makes me feel like i'm not so far away. love you...

Leslie said...

Thank you for reading and commenting! We wish you were here!

joanna said...

oh man, he looks like he is growing up so fast! i am LOVING the blog and check it all the time...sorry i have been slow to comment! my mom went gaga over it this weekend, too. she's getting quite excited about her upcoming role as a grandma. keep it coming!!!!!